[Kde-pim] Marketing blocker collection, DEADLINE: 2013-03-10

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Sun Mar 3 12:04:15 GMT 2013

Am Sonntag, 3. März 2013, 12:43:44 schrieb Georg C. F. Greve:
>         AND NO FEATURES WILL BE ADDED UNTIL THE LIST IS DONE!

my congratulations to this decision! It was long overdue.

(I hope with DONE you mean that all blockers are dealt with,
and not that the list is defined)

May I propose bug 282891 ( searching) - it probably needs to
be broken up into smaller bugs with different priorities. When
maildir is stable (by my own perception), I might try to
some of this.

And as long as removing the akonadi db is recommended to
fix problems, please think about how to recover filters after
that. Maybe save not only the id of the folder but also its name
(of course renaming the folder would have to update filter
settings). Now if a folder id is not found, try to find a folder
with the same name and use its id. Warning on stdout/stderr
would be OK, but GUI feedback should be at most one
message. Do that when the mailfilter agent starts.

With kmail1 I had about 100 filters - since kmail2 I do
not filter anymore at all. And I unsubscribed from many
mailing lists.

As a third point - there are too many error messages or
warnings the user simply cannot understand, they only
make him feel unsafe. I think this got better with 4.10 and
the fixes since then, but still ...

--
Wolfgang