[Kde-pim] [dot] KDE PIM Sprint

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 12:04:14 GMT 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:13 AM, Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi Jos, Carl,
>
> thanks for your work!
>
> On Friday, 2013-03-29, Carl Symons wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jos at opensuse.org> wrote:
>> > Hugbears,
>> >
>> > Here's the KDE PIM Sprint report. I'm sure the PIMsters have things to
>> > add or fix.
>> >
>> > http://dot.kde.org/2013/03/28/new-year-kde-pim-sprint-berlin-2013-report-
>> > now-cuter-pictures
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Jos
>>
>> Thanks Jos. Delightful.
>>
>> Now edited. Ready for publication...after PIMsters have provided
>> input. When do you want this to go public?
>
> I would drop the paragraph containing the Akonadi2 joke. Even jokingly hinting
> at any kind of future work will bring out the "everything gets rewritten when
> it becomes stable" trolls in full force.
>
> In the next paragraph, I'd go for a different phrasing for "Ingo was even
> later ...".
>
> "Was late"at least to me suggests being at fault for not arriving earlier.
> What about "Ingo even just arrived in time for dinner at 19:00."
>
> I would also recommended removing " The group decided to make a list and fix
> things before attempting to convince users about Kontact."
> It is just more complicated than that, i.e. some things that might block
> effective marketing right now can not be fixed easily and the respective
> features might just be disabled instead.
>
> As the sentence is right now it is more like "Duh, they should have thought
> about that earlier".
>
> Instead of "People raised issues about encrypting and signing mails with
> unicode characters resulting in a review request." I would go for a more
> explicit kudos, something like "Sandro Knauß had been annoyed with issues
> about encrypting an signing emails with unicode characters and had joined the
> sprint in order to fix those. Which he did!" And link the "did" to the review
> request.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
> --
> Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer
> KDE user support, developer mentoring

Thanks Jos for implementing Kevin's suggestions.

I made some further changes to the section about Sunday. Without being
too heavy on the subject, it's important to the Kontact story for
readers to know that major changes have been made to the application.
I removed the reference to making Kontact ready for end users. It's
ready. It just doesn't do everything that everyone wants.

It's ready to be published whenever y'all are happy with it.

Carl