[Kde-pim] Marketing blocker collection, DEADLINE: 2013-03-10

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Tue Mar 19 09:34:32 GMT 2013

Tirsdag den 19. marts 2013 10:25:48 skrev Jos Poortvliet:
> this is on my desktop and with 8GB of ram I can
> handle a bit of memory pressure. On my laptop, the issues aren't as bad
> although I have to kquitapp kmail and run akonadictl stop before I can do
> video editing. But I do think it's an issue for many people - and it will
> have to be addressed at some point...

A consequence of stopping akonadi is that it have to be started again, which
leads to CPU spiking. Most of the time this is a few minutes of medium-high
CPU usage followed of a potentially long time with virtuoso-t running at
20-25%, but sometimes akonadi still goes bonkers and requires violent killing,
time for the hardware to cool off and starting with crossed fingers and
prayers.

Akonadi is still not able to hold back on torturing virtuoso-t when AC is off,
which means that kdepim it is not a nice option when running on battery. Think
school.

Anders