[Kde-pim] Failed to fetch the resource collection

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Mon Mar 4 00:14:26 GMT 2013

The program encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.
The error was:
(see above)

this happens whenever I do this:

wr at kdedev:~/.local/share/akonadi_maildir_resource_1$ cp -a big big3

where big is a folder with subfolders and many messages (like 900 in the main folder
and a few hundreds in subfolders, about 50 subfolders and about 2000 messages
in total)

this sometimes also happens if I
- stop all related processes
- remove .local/share/akonadi
- start akonadi_control/kmail
maybe not always because when I did that, I had fewer mails in maildir folders

I guess this is the next thing I want to look at.

if I start akonadiconsole before copying, I see all collections in collectiontable.
But after the above error, there are no maildir related collections at all, not
even the root collection. After stopping/restarting akonadi_control, they
are all back.

akonadiserver.error and mysql.err show nothing relevant.

Can you reproduce this?
Any hints?

Otherwise I may try to increase mysql debug output and watch mysql transactions.

--
Wolfgang