[Kde-pim] Marketing blocker collection, DEADLINE: 2013-03-10

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 09:13:12 GMT 2013

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 10:59:48 AM Andras Mantia wrote:
> I guess I need to write the part2 of my blog:
>
> http://blogs.kde.org/2011/11/13/akonadi-misconception-1-where-my-data
>
> As I see the part1 was indeed not that complete regarding what exactly is
> in  the database and how it acts (although it is valid what I wrote there).

Um No:

"To make it clear from the beginning: the Akonadi database *is NOT your MAIN
data storage.* Even if it gets destroyed, removed, your data is still safe."

This is categorically not true as been abundantly made clear these past few
weeks and as you your self have been arguing. Deleting the akonadi db can
destroy you email via errant filters.

Is it any wonder people think its perfectly safe to delete the akonadi db? you
yourself have been telling them its so.

--
Lindsay Mathieson