[Kde-pim] Marketing blocker collection, DEADLINE: 2013-03-10

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 22:05:37 GMT 2013

On 3 March 2013 21:43, Georg C. F. Greve <greve at kolabsys.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> To clarify: This is not about issues or our pet peeves, it is about things
> that are BLOCKERS for end user perception. So we're talking about things
> that
> would make someone immediately stop using KDE PIM and never come back.

When doing the initial index of a large email collection, or reindex, there
is no feed back on progress at all, which leads to the user perception that
it is either not happening or is endless.

Perhaps some indexing feed back in the status bar? either a percentage or a
"Msg n of n". And maybe a "indexing is complete" notification.

--
Lindsay