[Kde-pim] Terminology Change: "HTML" -> "Rich Text"

Marc Deop damnshock at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 18:01:25 BST 2013

On Wednesday 10 July 2013 18:21:02 laurent Montel wrote:
> Le mercredi 10 juillet 2013 16:38:53 Marc Deop a écrit :
> > On Wednesday 10 July 2013 14:56:48 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> > > Yes, that's the idea. When I see "HTML", I think I am going to type raw
> > > html, using <b> to create bold text for example.
> >
> > Why don't we do it the other way around? I mean, enable "Rich Text" by
> > default and give the power users the option to write in Plain Text.
>
> Because by default kmail will write by default plaintext and it will not
> change.

I do love plain text although we must accept that most of the world work with html emails by default. I'm not saying that we must switch, it was just a random thought ;-)

> If you want to write in html mode you can => click on button.

We are not discussing this Laurent ;-) (see below)

> > To be honest, nowadays 99% of users expect the email client to be able to
> > handle <b> or <a> tags without actually having to write them (I think it's
> > called WYSIWYG "what you see is what you get" or something like that).
>
> ?!
> Did you use KMail a day ?

Of course I did, every day for many years so far hehe
I'm guessing you didn't follow up all the conversation: I just raised a concern about using "Rich Text" as a label on the button because you are not actually sending in Rich Text Format (.rtf) rather than sending in HTML.

Regards,

Marc Deop