[Kde-pim] Terminology Change: "HTML" -> "Rich Text"

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Wed Jul 10 17:21:02 BST 2013

Le mercredi 10 juillet 2013 16:38:53 Marc Deop a écrit :
> On Wednesday 10 July 2013 14:56:48 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> > Yes, that's the idea. When I see "HTML", I think I am going to type raw
> > html, using <b> to create bold text for example.
>
> Why don't we do it the other way around? I mean, enable "Rich Text" by
> default and give the power users the option to write in Plain Text.

Because by default kmail will write by default plaintext and it will not
change.
If you want to write in html mode you can => click on button.

> To be honest, nowadays 99% of users expect the email client to be able to
> handle <b> or <a> tags without actually having to write them (I think it's
> called WYSIWYG "what you see is what you get" or something like that).

?!
Did you use KMail a day ?
You didn’t write tag html, it’s automatic.

> > I may be wrong though. Let's CC the usability ML to see what they think,
> > even if it's quite late in the cycle to change this I think.
>
> Waiting the hear from them :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc Deop

Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090