[Kde-pim] Investigating DAV ressource issues with cancelled events

Grégory Oestreicher greg at kamago.net
Wed Jul 3 20:26:46 BST 2013

Hi Philipp,

Le mardi 2 juillet 2013 15:31:42 Philipp Schmidt a écrit :

> The behaviour that I have noticed and confirmed in the source (assuming
> that my understanding is correct) is that the DAV-ressource assumes that
> only 1 VEVENT shall be present in the ics provided by the carddav-server

Yup, this is tracked in bug #296489, but you're already aware of this
apparently :)

> (in my case owncloud 4.5, I have no possibility to check with others).
> (See kdepim-runtime/resources/dav/common/davitemsfetchjob.cpp line 140
> and others, refers to dataElement.firstChild() or firstChildElementNS()
> only)

Yes, only the first child containing calendar (or contact) data is considered
as, being treated as a WebDAV property it'll be the only tag of this type
present in the <prop/> element.

The real issue is when parsing the calendar data, in
resource/davgroupwareresource.cpp:648 in master, where a simple ICalFormatter
is used. This will return one of the elements, I don't know which one, that is
present in the iCal data.

> Now as the ics resource creates separate items in the DB for the
> original event and every cancelled recurrence in the file the same
> should happen with the carddav-ressource.

I don't know exactly how the ICS resource works, but the dav resource is
independent from it, so having the issue fixed in one is not a guarantee that
it'll be fixed in the other.

> I hope someone can look into this and confirm my suspicions and
> hopefully fix this before the 4.11 release so that events that contain
> cancelled recurrences (created using for example android phones or
> thunderbird on the server) can finally be displayed correctly under
> korganizer.

Well, I hope too, and I'm the dav resource maintainer, but I don't have enough
free time actually to be certain that this will make it in this release. I've
already looked into this, have a basic idea to generate the remote IDs, but
lack the necessary time to implement it. Just for the record the idea is to
append a fragment storing the event index to the item remote ID (the URL).

If anybody is interested in fixing this he or she'll be more than welcome.

Cheers,
Grégory