[Kde-pim] Grantlee-related build error in kdepim/messageviewer

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Tue Jul 30 10:09:07 BST 2013

On Tue, July 30, 2013 9:37 am, laurent Montel wrote:
> Le mardi 30 juillet 2013 08:44:57 David Jarvie a écrit :

> > > Hi,
> > > In 4.11 grantlee is not optional, it’s an hard dependancy.
> > > It’s used for header mail style, for generating custom plain text in
kmail
> > > composer , by kaddressbook style, kjots style, by headerthemeeditor.
> > > It’s a very small lib so for 4.11 it’s hard dependancy.
> >
> > Even if it's a hard dependency, cmake shouldn't fail in that way (it
> > terminated immediately after displaying those messages). In fact, even
> > after installing grantlee, I still got the same failure after installing
> > grantlee version 0.1.4. It works ok with grantlee 0.3.
> >
> > There should be a proper dependency check so that the missing
dependency is
> > reported nicely, and it should display what the minimum version of
grantlee
> > is required.
>   find_package(Grantlee 0.3.0 QUIET CONFIG)
>   set_package_properties(Grantlee PROPERTIES DESCRIPTION "The Grantlee
> Template System" URL "http://www.gitorious.org/grantlee/pages/Home" TYPE
> REQUIRED PURPOSE "Grantlee is requires for kmail and templating, theming
for
> KJots, KaddressBook and MessageViewer(KMail)." )
>

> So for me it’s ok for requires
> Don’t know why it doesn’t assert when version is not good.

Hi Laurent,

Currently the cmake check for grantlee is

find_package(Grantlee 0.3.0 QUIET CONFIG)

If grantlee is a hard dependency, shouldn't QUIET be removed so that an
error message is output about the missing package? Or if the intention is
to skip the build for kmail etc if grantlee is missing, the build of the
messageviewer subdirectory should be conditional on grantlee being found.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.