[Kde-pim] Displaying Kleopatra windows on top

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Wed Jul 31 14:11:17 BST 2013

Hi,

On Tuesday 30 July 2013 23:48:31 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 11:28:14 PM Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > One thing that is possible (at least on X11) is to tell the window
> > manager about the relation of windows from different processes.
> > For that you would need to send the window ID of the "parent" window to
> > the process that should open the "child" window and have it mark its
> > window accordingly.
>
> Excellent, that certainly sounds close to want I want Kevin, thanks.

Just as a sidenote. This is also already done in Kleopatra when you invoke it
over assuan.

An assuan client can send the option "window-id" to the UIServer (kleo for
example) to communicate it's window-id and kleopatra then uses this as the
main window id. This is how this Problem got solved for GpgOL.
Have a look at kleopatra/uiserver/assuanserverconnection.cpp to see how it is
done there.

Regards,
Andre

--