[Kde-pim] google calendar resource doesn't show all events

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Wed Jan 16 04:45:51 GMT 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Thiago Bauermann
<thiago.bauermann at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The google calendar resource I set up is missing two events which do
> appear
> on the google calendar website. Both are recurring. Inspecting them with
> akonadi console (in the browser tab, using the calendar model), they have
> three things in common:
>
> - the "DateTime start" column for them is blank,
> - the "DateTime end" column shows the date that on the google calendar
> website is shown as the repetiton *start* date,
> - the raw payload is much smaller than for all other events.
>
> This is an example of the raw payload for one of these events:
>
>  BEGIN:VCALENDAR
>
> PRODID:-//K Desktop Environment//NONSGML libkcal 3.2//EN
>
> VERSION:2.0
>
> BEGIN:VEVENT
>
> DTSTAMP:20130109T152359Z
>
> CREATED:20130109T152359Z
>
> UID:_8t33it3m8h2lcd2669s6ad9oalmj6chgasp0
>
> LAST-MODIFIED:20130109T152359Z
>
> SUMMARY:Limpeza do casco
>
> STATUS:CONFIRMED
>
> RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;UNTIL=21001230T110000Z;BYMONTHDAY=8
>
> DTEND:20120708T080000
>
> TRANSP:OPAQUE
>
> END:VEVENT
>

> END:VCALENDAR
>

> This is with Kubuntu 12.04, KDE 4.9.5 and akonadi_googlecalendar_resource
> from the kdepim-runtime package version
> 4:4.9.5-0ubuntu0.1~ubuntu12.04.1~ppa2.
>

> How can I debug what is going wrong, so that I can file a proper bug
> report?

That's a very complete bug report already! Could you open a bug in bko
for that? Also, one very helpful thing would be to recreate the
breaking behavior using a sample calendar so that we can all use it
for debugging purposes. Haven't looked at the code yet, but with the
information provided I'm pretty sure someone has an idea and will look
into it.

Thanks!

David E. Narváez