[Kde-pim] switching distributions, but keeping KDE... how do i migrate my email?

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Jan 10 19:02:01 GMT 2013

Am Dienstag, 8. Januar 2013 schrieb Lailah:
> El dom, 06-01-2013 a las 11:47 +0100, Martin Steigerwald escribió:

> > > It is possible backup and restores Kmail data in any automatical way?
> >
> > I think there is something for the newer KDEPIM 2 KMail meanwhile. I
> > think Laurent developed it, but could be mistaken.
> >
> > I am not aware of anything except the usual export/import thing for
> > KMail 1 however.
> >
> > AFAIK most mail flags are stored in filenames of maildir structure, but
> > I am not sure, whether thats all of them.
> >
> > Ciao,
>
> Yes, I was talking about that import/export thing.  He couldn't just
> export all of his data using the Kmail tool and then import it in the
> new system?

The newer system has the older KMail.

Which can import folders. But not complete directory structures AFAIK.

I think one can just configure an account in old KMail with the same Maildir
as the new one used and the old KMail should take it, minus an everything
thats is not stored in the mail file names. It might also possible to import
filters.

I am not sure whether its a good idea to try the old KMail with the
configuration file of the new one directly tough.

And I think nothing of this is officially supported.

Once KDEPIM 2 there is IMHO no officially supported way to go back to KMail
from KDEPIM 1.

So I bet the original poster is mostly on his own.