[Kde-pim] Search results with clean VM

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 23:06:51 GMT 2013

I setup up a clean Kubuntu 12.10 + Backports (= KDE 4.10) VM, then added my
Gmail account with disconnected mode enabled and let it do its thing for a
while.

Interestingly the Indexing "Ignore Idle" flag was set by default.

After rather to short a time the email indexing status was showing as finished
and sure enough search results returned nothing. But after that it ground away
at 110% of a core for several hours and now I'm getting much better results.

Search on Subject - seems to match up 100% with Gmail. One has to remember
that Gmail shows conversations, not individual emails and add the totals.

Search on From - matches Gmail. One oddity - Kmail ignores the name part and
only matches on the domain for *some* emails. e.g I was searching for all
emails from "webinars at dyn.com" and got all emails from "@dyn.com"

But other searches on from for other emails only returned the exact matches.

Message Status = Unread - on the whole worked, except it insists on returning
the same several hundred messages that are read as well as the current unread
messages. However it displays the correct (unread) amount for the search
folder.

Combining rules e.g "Subject contains 'A' or Subject Contains 'B'" is not
working at all. Nothing returned.
--
Lindsay Mathieson