[Kde-pim] moving mails between maildir directories

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Mon Feb 11 14:15:23 GMT 2013

Am Montag, 11. Februar 2013, 11:06:36 schrieb guy-kde:
> > now that this works (Guy, thank you very much!), the next bug might
> > be something similar,
>  Please, make first a check about the "destination folder".
>  Using "akonadi console", have a look with "DB Browser",
>  "collectiontable":
>  Is the "destination folder" you use "OK"?
>  Is the "remoteId" defined or "empty"?
>  Or using the SQL-Statement: SELECT * FROM collectiontable;
>  (This happens before my fix, by moving a folder AND creating a
>  subfolder there)

your fix was applied.
After applying your fix and before trying this I removed the akonadi database,
everything in .local/share/akonadi

the destination folder "spam" looks correct. name and remoteId are "spam".

Can you point me to a white paper which explains kmail/akonadi structure in detail?

I  think there are still some very basic sync problems. Things that execute
async while they should really wait for each other to finish.

Sometimes  - as said - the message appears twice in the destination folder.

Sometimes it is there - correctly - once but the second filter action (mark as read)
is not applied.

If many messages are received which should all be filtered, some of them
are not.

Sometimes the mail count for inbox is wrong (one too much).

Activating the filter protocol in kmail changes behaviour: I get no duplicate
mails in spam but more messages stay unfiltered in inbox.

All mails are generated like this:

while true
do
  echo  test | mutt -s '*** Spam *** test9'" $(date)" spamtest at rohdewald.de
  sleep 2
done

for a message appearing twice in target folder "spam":

in akonadiconsole/Browser I have messages with Id 202 and Id 203, both having the
same raw payload.  The first message with Id 202 however has no remoteId.
And in akonadiconsole/DB Browser I can only find Id 203 but not 202.
For the same message, the kmail filter protocol shows that it filtered this
message twice.

--
Wolfgang