[Kde-pim] nepomuk service not available

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 08:32:44 GMT 2013

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 01:52:36 PM Vishesh Handa wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Lindsay Mathieson <
>
> lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Keep getting the following error when I try to search:
> > "The Nepomuk semantic search service is not available. Searching is not
> > possible without it. You can enable it in "System Settings"."
> >
> > Trouble is Nepomuk is enabled in System settings, both for files and for
> > emails.
>
> Could you see if Nepomuk is running?
>
> $ ps aux | grep nepomuk ?

/usr/bin/nepomukserver
/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub nepomukstorage
/usr/bin/nepomukcontroller -session 101c41a01b4ff00013489260650000001540000
/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_feeder --identifier akonadi_nepomuk_feeder
/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub nepomukfilewatch
/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub nepomukfileindexer
grep --color=auto nepomuk

> If it is running, I would like to know if the storage service is
> responding. A simple -
>
> $ qdbus org.kde.NepomukStorage

qdbus org.kde.NepomukStorage
/