[Kde-pim] Favourites and Advanced Folders Links wrong after deleting akonadi db

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Sat Feb 16 22:31:30 GMT 2013

Am Sonntag, 17. Februar 2013, 08:13:52 schrieb Lindsay Mathieson:
> As part of testing email searching (well trying to get it to work) I reset
> my akonadi db by deleting it.
>
> After that I noticed my favourites were now linked to random folders. Also
> the advanced folders I had setup  (Sent Mail, Drafts, templates etc) were
> all pointing to random folders.
>
> Note: I did *not* delete the mail accounts.
>
> Is this to be expected? I presume it would have serious implications for
> filter rules.

Yes. This was reported already but not seen as valid. You simply must not
delete your db without deleting everything else.

Back then I suggested to not rely on "unique" numbers, i.e. 1,2,3,4... within
the akonadi db but create real unique numbers or at least save a unique number
in the config and db and check whether they match when starting akonadi. this
would allow to prevent this kind of trouble and even data loss, e.g. because
messages are moved to some folder, e.g. the trash.

But this was not seen as reasonable and thus the issue still exists.

Sven