[Kde-pim] Current status of MS Exchange support in KDE PIM

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Dec 4 09:09:05 GMT 2013

Hi Daniel,

sorry for the late reply, I was hoping that someone involved in the Exchange
endevour would reply themselves.

On Thursday, 2013-11-28, 18:50:56, Daniel Kreuter wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm using Evolution to access the MS Exchange server at work, but I don't
> like that because I'm a KDE user.
>
> So my intention is to change the situation. I know that someone started to
> work on MS Exchange support for Kontact, but I don't know if this is still
> active or what's the status is.

I don't think there is active development.

> If I need to start from scratch, I would like to use kdsoap to access the
> Exchange Web Service (EWS) and focus on MS Exchange 2010 first since this
> is the version running at my company, but keeping in mind to support 2007
> as well.

I think people have tried several approaches, not sure if SOAP was already one
of them and if code exists for that already.

I've looked for a couple of previous threads on that topic, maybe there is
something helpful for you in there:
http://lists.kde.org/?t=132180249500003&r=1&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?t=133734538300001&r=1&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?t=135028917700002&r=1&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?t=135823930900004&r=1&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?t=136588995100001&r=1&w=2

Might have overlooked some though.

> The mails will be stored in Akonadi so we are able to a) index them with
> nepomuk and b) access the emails / calendar / contacts from plasma applets,
> calendar or whatever you can imagine. At least this is the plan.

Exchange support seems to be an elusive thing but of course it would be great
to have.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring