[Kde-pim] Stuck on session restore

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 13:03:11 BST 2013

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 12:07:14 PM Kevin Krammer wrote:
> So it is something that is triggered at restore, right?

Definitely

> If I interpret your findings to tell us that the splashscreen is
> interfering  with session restore, not normal startup, wouldn't it be
> possible to just not use the splashscreen on restore?

yes, that should be straightforward.

There's a lot of what looks like non-standard kde stuff going on to me.
KApplication::newInstance() actually gets invoked twice - once manually, then
once as part of KApplication::exec().

Theres a global flag set to bail out of KApplication::newInstance()
prematurely to stop multiple initialisations. MainWindow creation happens in
new KApplication::newInstance() which complicates the session restore ..

I'm tempted to tidy it up a bit, but there's a lot convoluted startup config
going on.

thanks,

--
Lindsay