[Kde-pim] Beginner help

Torsten Grote grote at kolabsys.com
Tue Apr 2 11:18:35 BST 2013

Hi Ashvini,

On Sunday 31 March 2013 15:31:35 Ashvini Varatharaj wrote:
> I am new to open source.I want to begin with fixing small bugs . I thought I
> will start with the kmail application. I have basic knowledge with C
> ,C++,Unix commands . Can you help me out with the details of this
> application ?.

Great that you want to help with fixing bugs! :)

A good starting point is checking out the source and compiling kdepim (kmail)
yourself, so then you can start to make and test changes.

I once wrote an article [1] about compiling KDE PIM from source on Debian, but
you might want to follow the official documentation [2].

Let me know if you need further pointers!

Kind Regards,
Torsten

[1] https://blogs.fsfe.org/torsten.grote/2012/10/03/compiling-kde-kontact-from-source/
[2] http://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Development/Start