[Kde-pim] mails download from MS-Exchange server - airsyncDownload

Shaheed Haque srhaque at theiet.org
Sun Apr 14 12:26:46 BST 2013

Hi Alf,

I am still around, and willing to help out as time permits...feel free
to contact me offline. FWIW, the main reason I stopped work was
because work upgraded our Exchange setup and I found I could no longer
authenticate correctly and so could not make any progress.

This is the status as I recall it...

Calendar
========
The last topic I was working on was getting Calendar exceptions to
work better (they work in basic cases IIRC), and I ran into some
Openchange issues:

http://tracker.openchange.org/issues/391

AFAIK, those patches have never been applied. also, I know that some
chnages have happened in KDEPIm around how to associate the main event
with its exceptions...I'm not sure what is needed to realign to that.
Once these two things are resolved, the Calendar should work well.

Contacts
=======
Contacts already functions well, but the download takes several hours
for my 650k+ addressbook. I was contemplating switching to the web
service API as that seems to have better support for bulk downloads
using the Offline Address Book functionality.

I note that somebody else seems to have made a start on the Web
service API on this list recently. The web service API might also make
it easier to have writes as well as reads working across all three
areas?

Email
=====
Downloads work very nicely. Embedding works generally, and the last
issue I remember working on was something weird about correctly
displaying the title of embedded messages.

Thanks, Shaheed