[Kde-pim] mails download from MS-Exchange server - airsyncDownload

Alf B. Rustad alf at mykolab.com
Sun Apr 14 17:58:00 BST 2013

On 14.04.2013 13:26, Shaheed Haque wrote:
> Hi Alf,
>
> I am still around, and willing to help out as time permits...feel free
> to contact me offline.

Glad to hear!

> FWIW, the main reason I stopped work was
> because work upgraded our Exchange setup and I found I could no longer
> authenticate correctly and so could not make any progress.

Too bad. I may of course have the same issue, will try to find out this
week, and report back. In any case, it has to be solvable somehow. Do
you know if there are some certificates involved? Maybe somebody on this
list has some ideas?

> This is the status as I recall it...

Thanks, it seems very impressive to me, so it would bring me a whole
lot closer to a fully functional linux setup at work.

> I note that somebody else seems to have made a start on the Web
> service API on this list recently. The web service API might also make
> it easier to have writes as well as reads working across all three
> areas?

It may be my bad experiences with the owa interface in Evolution (and
Firefox for that matter), so it may be irrational. Still, I really do
not have much faith in using the web-interface API. I imagine the
standard API's Outlook use should be quite stable (something I do not
trust owa to be). Even more importantly, I expect Microsoft to provide
the protocol spec to Openchange if they change it. For owa, well it does
not even follow web-standards, and we are talking freaking 2013 here.
Why does it look crippled in any other web-browser than ie? Moreover its
performance is abysmal to the point of useless for me. I would love to
have activesync supported in kdepim though, as it would give a way to
sync with Exchange outside of work without needing Android's apps.

Cheers,
Alf