[Kde-pim] nepomukfeederagent optimization

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Sat Sep 29 13:28:44 BST 2012

On Friday 28 September 2012 22.02:17 David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 September 2012 23:43:50 David Faure wrote:
> > +  parts.remove( "FLAGS" );
>
> Actually, Laurent told me that the read/unread status, and other flags, was
> stored in nepomuk, for the searching based on flags. So I'm wrong about
> this.
>
> Input needed on which other "parts" are actually useful for nepomuk.

We're using the PLD and the FLAGS (only in the mail feeder) and in one
commented place (also mailfeeder) the modificationTime.

Since non-email payloads anyways don't get flag changes AFAIK, it's probably
not worth for each plugin to tell in which parts it's interested in.

But then it probably makes sense to distinguish in the mail feeder between
payload changes and flag changes as the flag changes should be cheaper to
index (not sure how big the difference would be).

So we should pass the changed parts to the module, so it can skip the steps
which don't result in any new information.

Something for the Pim Sprint I guess =)

Cheers,
Christian