[Kde-pim] Empty groups

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sun Oct 7 11:13:31 BST 2012

On Friday 05 October 2012 11:17:05 Anders Lund wrote:
> On Fredag den 5. oktober 2012 11:19:45 Andras Mantia wrote:
> > Anders Lund wrote:
> > > Hi list,
> > >
> > > My groups appears to be emptied on a daily basis. I find this VERY
> > > unfortunate, and noone seems to react to bug reports.
> > >
> > > I know you all are busy people, but how can I find information on
> > > why/how
> > > this happens?
> >
> > I'd help, but I have no idea about the code, and now I don't even know who
> > is responsible for it.
>
> The most obvious candidate in my understanding is the webdav resource or
> whatever it is called. It looks like the same misbehavior is happening with
> my calendars: somtimes all events are suddenly gone, and after some time
> they reappear. My guess is that those get new akonadi ids too (or what it
> is akonadi does to mess things up)

IIRC groups are just a list of IDs, so this sounds like you are on the right
track, if the resource does delete and re-add contacts their ID is no longer
stable and when opening groups the references contacts cannot be found.

The easiest way to verify this is looking at the Id and RemoteId columns in
akonadiconsole, and see if those change during syncing/restarting or whatever
else triggers the group loss. If they do I'm pretty sure we have identified
the problem.

regards,
Volker