[Kde-pim] Help with crash from CalDav

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sat Oct 20 12:05:49 BST 2012

On Friday, 2012-10-19, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Friday 19 October 2012 06:35:50 PM Grégory Oestreicher wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 September 2012 12:53:58 Volker Krause wrote:
> > > These asserts are triggered by calling methods of ResourceBase
> > > (collectionsRetrieved() here) that you are not allowed to call with the
> > > current task. If it's only happening sporadically the most likely
> > > scenario is that the resource ends up processing multiple tasks at the
> > > same time, e.g. like this:
> > > (1) got a request to sync folders
> > > (2) start job to retrieve folder list from backend
> > > (3) erroneously claim you are done with that task
> >
> > I've looked into this yesterday, but the code is rather straightforward
> > and the resource only calls collectionsRetrieved() in one place. Before
> > this there are no calls to cancelTask() once the retrieval job has been
> > started.
> >
> > Is it possible that, if the job times out, Akonadi silently drops it?
> >
> > Allen, if you have a way to reproduce the issue I'll take it. In months
> > of use I've never seens this case.
>
> I haven't seen this crash in probably a week or more.
> Thanks for your interest.  If it starts happening again I will let you
> know.

I think Christian had a similar one during the PIM sprint. I remember looking
at the backtrace with him and there was something very strange with it.

IIRC backtrace line for the slot which receives the collection looked good,
but then the line for ResourceBase::collectionsRetrieved had this=0x0!

Maybe Christian remembers more.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring