[Kde-pim] Help with crash from CalDav

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Oct 1 17:00:29 BST 2012

On Sunday 30 September 2012 12:24:13 Allen Winter wrote:
> What it be the worst thing in the world to not assert then?
> This is just "one of those things" that is nearly impossible to find.
>
> maybe just a kWarning?

IRC we fixed rather important bugs in the imap resource, from such asserts.

This is just "one of those things" that are better caught early than late...
you get other even weirder bugs if you don't respect the resourcebase
contract.

My suggestion for a long-term solution to this would be that ResourceBase
should rather call factory methods that return jobs (created by the resource,
with its own stuff added in a subclass), rather than this procedural "start
this", "ok I'm done". Then we could track the lifetime of these jobs, and have
a single list of jobs (rather than the resourcebase having some notion of the
current job, and the resource having another notion of the current job).

(s/job/task/g if it makes this easier to understand -- currently resources
tend to create "tasks" internally for this)