[Kde-pim] the kde-pim database internal structure.

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Oct 31 19:29:50 GMT 2012

Hi,

Michaƫl Parchet wrote:

> Hello,
>
> To develop a program with kde-pim package. I'm looking for a merize method
> or other akonadi database documentation.

I'm curious why you'd need to know the internal structure, unless you want
to change the Akonadi server itself.

> I have fond this link on http://techbase.kde.org but it's broken.
>
> http://api.kde.org/kdesupport-api/kdesupport-
apidocs/akonadi/html/akonadi_server_database.html.

Indeed looks broken, and I'm not sure where it should point to.

The database layout (tables, columns) is defined here:

http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=akonadi.git&a=blob&f=server%2Fsrc%2Fstorage%2Fakonadidb.xml

You can also browse it with the akonadiconsole app.

But again, i'm not sure why you are interested in that. To write an akonadi
based application you should use the akonadi client library:

http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdepimlibs-apidocs/akonadi/html/index.html

Andras