[Kde-pim] Facebook Privacy Policy

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at gmx.net
Tue Oct 30 22:42:16 GMT 2012

Hi,

I just got the attached email from Facebook, since I am still the admin for
the Akonadi Facebook resource page on Facebook. They are saying that the app
page for the Akonadi Facebook Resource needs to provide a link to a privacy
policy or they will remove the app (from Facebook, that is, which would render
the Akonadi resource non-workable).

Isn't it nice that Facebook finally cares about privacy?

So we need to have a privacy policy. There are various privacy policy
generators on the Internet, but they all seem to be focused on websites, not
desktop apps.
Does anyone here know a bit about this topic and feels like writing one?
Otherwise I'll just slap three lines together and call that a day. It is not
that we have much to say in there anyway, since we don't collect anything and
nothing leaves the user's machine.

Apart from that, we need an URL we can link to. Any idea what we can use here?
Checking in the policy into Git and linking to the gitweb page is probably not
enough, especially since we're going to move the Akonadi Facebook resource as
we speak, which could take a while. So what are our options to host such a
privacy policy in KDE?

Regards,
Thomas