[Kde-pim] SocialFeed in 4.10?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Nov 7 18:09:52 GMT 2012

On Wednesday, 2012-11-07, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> here's the current status of the SocialFeed project:
>  * parts needed in kdepimlibs are in place
>  * facebook resource is in review for kdepim-runtime
>  * libkfacebook^W libkfbapi is in kdereview to be included in
> extragear/libs * the plasmoid is in a branch
>  * the qml plugin still lives in a scratch repo
>
> There are still some issues with the plasmoid (like the scrollbar thingy)
> and some missing functionality (any interaction on the posts). I personally
> think it's moreless alpha quality product right now, not really tested (as
> it seems I'm the only one testing it) and given tomorrow's hard feature
> freeze and my limited time to work on this, I'm unsure if I should push for
> including this in 4.10. I'd rather prefer putting the plasmoid and the qml
> plugin into playground/extragear for 4.10, finish it there, release
> separately so packagers can provide it and people test it, and then
> possibly release with 4.11 as a top quality product.
>
> What do you think?

Since the pimlibs stuff will be part of kdepimlibs 4.10, I think the best way
forward would be to have all other components a extragear material for the
upcoming cycle.

You could even make that one extragear thing, since all of them need to be
deployed together anyway (no point of having the plasma applet without the
Akonadi resource and very little point vice versa).

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring