[Kde-pim] akonadi and continual disk activity

Shaheed Haque srhaque at theiet.org
Fri Nov 16 18:37:41 GMT 2012

I wonder if this thread is relevant
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=133032695825657&w=2?

Basically, my code at that time was trying to fetch all N existing
entries in the course of trying to add the N+1th entry, and that took
forever as the count got up towards 400k-500k-600k entries. Or put
another way, do we know if 3000 entries is a bit number for the
address book?

Before I reworked the code, and after, I found that shutting down the
kaddressbook GUI helped, since it was also having a tough time trying
to display all thos entried.