[Kde-pim] Making Akonadi fit for embedded use

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Nov 1 15:44:58 GMT 2012

On Wednesday 31 October 2012 10:29:27 Manuel Sput Nickschas wrote:
> Hi all,

Hey Sput,

<snip>

> * A libakonadi-core (or -kde; I like the other naming better since it
> conveys the purpose better) that is free of QtGui deps, only links to tier1
> libs from KDE Frameworks (e.g. kcoreaddons for KJob) and does not require
> pulling in all the semantic desktop stuff. This library should contain all
> the neat things required for writing agents, accessing the server, and the
> models.

Thats contradictory. Qt's Model/View library actually depends on a GUI
application last time I checked. You may of course still run an app linked
against QtGui on a console only server, as long as no actual widget is being
created.

Yes, this is pretty ugly, but needs to be fixed upstream. Though maybe someone
already did this for Qt5?

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de