[Kde-pim] Akonadi

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Tue Nov 13 14:13:51 GMT 2012

On Tirsdag den 13. november 2012 15:06:24 Andras Mantia wrote:
> Anders Lund wrote:
> > Wasn't the idea with akonadi that it should cache my data locally? It
> > doesn't, instead it causes violent CPU abuse when dropping and recreating
> > data stored on the network.
> >
> > The constant dropping of my webdav account data starts to be a serious
> > problem for me - I really like sharing my data between several devices,
> > but akonadi actually makes that very difficult to live with, due to this
> > misfunctionality.
> >
> > The problems appears to happen when the network connection is slow, as
> > described in a bug report that have been mostly ignored.
>
> What is cached, how long it is cached and how the data is
> uploaded/downloaded through the network is depending on the resoruce itself,
> so you should get in touch with their developers.

That is why i write to this list :)

Sometimes my calendars/contacts are not available, and I do not believe that
is the idea!

Calendar items and contacts also regularly gets destroyed and renewed, causing
A LOT of cpu abuse, and breakage, since for example contact groups uses the
akonadi id. An object should NEVER be destroyed unless it really is, but they
do.

My guess is that akonadi sometimes misbehaves, and deletes items and resources
because of network slowness or breakage.

--
Anders