[Kde-pim] akonadi and continual disk activity

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 14:52:56 GMT 2012

D. R. Evans said the following at 11/27/2012 11:33 AM :

>> to still do it. Or even remove them one by one. And again, start with the
>> nepomuk agent *even if* you have nepomuk disabled. Some agents need to be
>> stopped/killed/removed 3 times, as they autostart if they crash.
>
> OK. I will go through the entire exercise multiple times -- later today, if I
> can, although I think that this point I must have gone through the exercise at
> least six times. But I will do it methodically this time.

OK, it worked for a while. I left akonadi running overnight, though, and this
morning the situation was an alternation between disk thrashing and then, when
I/O activity decreased, mysqld and akonadi processes would consume all the CPU
for a while; then the disk would go back to thrashing, and so on....

At this point I'm just going to give up and try to find usable alternatives
for the PIM utilities I want to use.

Thank you for your attempts to help.

  Doc

--