[Kde-pim] When is is that kmail will start moving spam to trash again?

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sat Nov 10 09:42:40 GMT 2012

Anders Lund wrote:

> Updated to KDE 4.9.3 today, hoping that kmail filtering would start
> working. But no, messages are marked as spam, but still left in my IMAP
> inbox :(

All SPAM or only some of them?

> I look forward to try again next time a new KDE version appears...

I'm sorry to hear it. For me now the filtering is almost perfect. No mail
duplication, no conflict dialogs. There is a bug though: indeed some
messages are not filtered. I see it, it is annoying, but I'm sorry, I had no
time to debug it (well, I have an idea about the fix, but needs some time to
implement/try it).

But if you see the problem with all of your spam, then we should be able to
find the reason. As usual, give (preferabbly in a bug report, so I don't
forget about it) information about:
- the type of account the spam arrives to
- the type of the account where the trash is
- the rules for spam filtering from your filter config
- the mail filter log for such a mail when it arrives, to see what the
filter does with it

Andras