[Kde-pim] Extending the Akonotes format

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Wed May 2 15:58:47 BST 2012

Hey,

I'm planning to extend the akonotes-format in the following way:

* version: akonotes format version number
Stored as X-Akonotes-Version header.

* uid: globally unique identifier (generated if empty)
Stored as X-Akonotes-UID header.

* creationDate: timestamp when the note was created (generated if empty),
already present in current format
Stored as Date header.

* lastModified: lastModified (generated if empty)
Stored as X-Akonotes-LastModified header.

* classification: one of private, confidential, public
Stored as X-Akonotes-Classification header.

* title: title, already present in current format

* text: textual content, already present in current format

* from: author (generated if empty), already present in current format
Stored as From header.

* attachments: inline or url
Stored as separate mimeparts.

* custom: key value pair for custom values
Stored in a separate mime part, format yet unclear

* relation: Relation tree as described in http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-
pim&m=133220215525447&w=2
Stored in a separate mime part, probably as xml.

I need those modifications to support all the features of kolab and zanshin. As
the changes will be backwards compatible no upgradepath is required.

I'm going to implement the required changes in the wrapper in
kdepimlibs/akonadi/notes/noteutils.h

Tell me if you have comments or objections.

Also if you know of any other parts than kjots, zanshin and the notes plasmoid
to use the akonotes format, please tell me so I can double check that the
upgrade will be as smooth as I expect.

Note that I'd like to get this in for 4.9, I added an entry to the feature
plan.

Cheers,
Christian