[Kde-pim] [GSoC 2012] Improve KOrganizer templates

lavinia bobonete lavinia.bobonete at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:19:14 BST 2012

Hello again,

I would like to ask you some questions. Firstly, where can I download
KOrganizer source code? I couldn't manage to get it.

Secondly, have you thought who could be a possible mentor? It would be
great because I could discuss some implementation details with him.

While waiting for another feedback for my previous ideas, I got a
little deeper into the problem. Here are a couple of new ideas that I
would like to share and talk to you:

        * As I already mentioned in my previous email, my idea is to
remove the Manage Template window. This could be replaced
by including the two basic template options(Save & Load Template) into
the action window.

        * I would like to improve a little bit Action Windows design:
Action windows can be made all uniform, by including Reccurence
tab in the Event Window. Moreover, Event window may have about the
same width as the ToDo window: Time Associated Access and Show Time As
can be moved upwards,in column with the others. Also, Attachements
should be a completely different tab. In this way, Comments textBox
will be increased.

        * Further more, the available free space gained could be used
for a Save button and a text area where users can add the new template
name.

        * Load button could be placed next to Save button. On click,
the window can temporarly extend, so that in its right side, user can
see and choose from the existing templates. Templates can be sorted by
different criteria.

I'm planning to start writing my proposal this days,that's why it's
really important for me to receive some feedback on these ideas.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Lavinia