[Kde-pim] [GSoC]: KDEPIM - KMail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Mar 15 21:48:13 GMT 2012

On Thursday 15 March 2012, AMIT DATTA wrote:
> For the KMail message composer. I'm planning to make a QWidget using
> a Webkit and javascript backend. The QWidget will be basically a
> WYSIWYG HTML editor. The editor will be created in the KDEPIMlibs
> and a plugin will be available for KDEPIM. An extension of this will
> be used by KMail. This will generate a HTML which will be sent using
> the alternate mime type. What special functions except a WYSIWYG
> editor is expected in the composer?

IMHO, the most important thing to keep in mind is that whatever HTML the
writer of the mail writes it needs to be transformed into nicely
formatted plain text for the text/plain part of the
multipart/alternative.

A special function of the composer (maybe not really special, but
independent of HTML editting) is the possibility to add attachments via
drag and drop.

Another important feature is spell-checking, on demand and while-you-
type.

I just noticed "Speak Text" in the context menu of the composer. It is
mandatory that the composer is accessible.

Regards,
Ingo