[Kde-pim] Feedback on 4.8.1

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Fri Mar 16 15:08:58 GMT 2012

On Thursday 08 Mar 2012 19:36:06 Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just to make sure this list does not only receive negative feedback:
>
> I updated to 4.8.1 this afternoon, and although Nepomuk is now running in
> the background and still indexing, the whole Kontact experience is *much*
> improved already. Most of the time the application feels snappy &
> responsive, and it is definitely a huge step forward.
>
> Some issues still remain [*] but we're definitely getting there!
>
> Thank you and kudos, everyone!
>
> Best regards,
> Georg

Hi,

Just upgraded myself on openSuse from 4.8.0 to 4.8.1 and initially everything
was working a lot better.  Incoming filtering worked again, browsing folders
was fast, but the spammy "broken resource" message was still there.

Then I got too ambitious and turned Nepomuk back on and everything broke,
folders wouldn't refresh, mail wouldn't open, etc, and turning it back off
failed to resolve anything.

So I took a deep breath and nuked my Nepomuk and Akonadi databases and setup
and started all over again.  Now it almost all works again, and it is faaaast.

Unfortunately filtering of incoming mail is broken again.

I still get spammed by the message "Resource .Mail is broken. This resource is
now online" all the time, even though everything appears to be working anyway.
If the resource was broken and is now back online I don't see the need to tell
the user anything.

I also still get the crash when I view two certain html messages one after the
other, it's not a general case and I'd report it but Dr Konqi is broken right
now.

But besides those, normal service seems to have resumed, albeit due to very
radical action.

Cheers!

John.

P.S. Actually, turns out send mail from broken so this was stuck in the out
box for a week, but sorted that now ;-)