[Kde-pim] Feedback on 4.8.1

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Thu Mar 8 20:02:02 GMT 2012

Torsdag den 8. marts 2012 19:36:06 Georg C. F. Greve skrev:
> Hi all,
>
> Just to make sure this list does not only receive negative feedback:
>
> I updated to 4.8.1 this afternoon, and although Nepomuk is now running in
> the background and still indexing, the whole Kontact experience is *much*
> improved already. Most of the time the application feels snappy &
> responsive, and it is definitely a huge step forward.

I have noticed that running akonadi does not anymore invalidate nepomuk, and
indexing appears to work.  This is a really great improvement for me!

The CPU load when using kmail, ie receiving mails or marking them read has
improved, but is still very high compared to kmail 1.

> Some issues still remain [*] but we're definitely getting there!

* Message duplication of messages moved out of inbox: still going on. I can't
use filters to organize mail, or move them manually due to this, after moving a
message an additional copy appears each time the folder is updated.
* Addressee completion: still not working
* Searching: still not working
* Random crashing: still happening
* Freezing: still happening (most often when going to next unread message)
* network detecting trouble: still happening - i thought for a moment this was
fixed, but it is not :\
* conflict resolving dialog from hell: Still pops up without user interaction
during fetching mail, and often when marking mails as read (I configured a
short delay to be able to browse past messages without them being marked as
read)

New issue: mails hit by the spam filter are marked as spam and moved to trash,
but no longer marked as read although the filter contains that action.

> Thank you and kudos, everyone!

+1

Anders