[Kde-pim] Organizing calendaring items and notes

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 20 00:07:43 GMT 2012

On Monday 19 March 2012 23.31:51 Sérgio Martins wrote:
> On Monday, March 19, 2012 10:31:03 AM Christian Mollekopf wrote:
>  Define the x-related property in the Kolab Format Specification 3.0
>
> > I'd be very interested if you
> > * find the concepts useful
> > * don't want to see these new concepts being used in Kontact
> > * think this is going in the right/wrong direction
> > * know a better way how to store the required information
> > * have any other comments =)
>
> Hi,
>
> Can you provide a basic example of a project with two tasks?
>
> I would like to see both the xml and the corresponding ical source, just to
> be sure I'm understanding these concepts correctly.

The project case doesn't really change as I propose to use the normal parent-
child relation there. Anyways, here is an example of two todos, one being a
parent todo aka project, the other being the subtodo. Both belong to the
context "My Context".

The notation is xCal (which is just iCal written in XML).

I had to fix the x-related proposal:
One flaw with the first proposal was that although we knew that there is a
parent Context by it's UID, we didn't know the name of the category if there
wasn't some other todo in the parent-category (therefore supplying it's name).
Therefore I added the "tree" element, so the whole tree up to the root (the
relevant part of it), can be embedded.
I also removed the last-modified date, as the one that iCal provides is enough
and we don't need one per Category.

Cheers,
Christian