[Kde-pim] entering events in korganizer sucks

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Mar 12 17:11:53 GMT 2012

Entering events in the new version of korganizer is really painfull.

When the editor is opened, the focus is in the summary field, but it already
chose a resource, so I have to remember to go backwards to select the correct
one.

* This worked much better before. See below.

Resource can not be changed when editing the event. WHY???? Only way is to cut
it out, and then paste.

It is not possible to cut, paste - if I do that, nothing is pasted, but there
is no error message. In kdepim 4.4, this worked.

* If there is no time marked in the view, a pasted event should show in its
contained time, and if not visible the view should navigate to it.

* When pasted in a time differing from the one contained in the event, its time
and reoccurrence should be adjusted.

Templates does not work well, for example the time of an event is set if i use
a template, even though I doubleclick at a time where I want the event.

It is not possible to change the recourrence settings for an event if a
template was used, basically making templates useless for a lot of uses. (in
my case, changing the weekly reoccurence weekday is impossible)

*It should be possible to change which datas a template contains.
*actively adding an event on a certain time should be respected by the
template, it should either silently of after asking adjust time AND
reoccurence.

When entering several events, the resource used is not remembered. In old
version, the previous resource was suggested. IMO, the old system was MUCH
better: I was always prompted for which resource to use, but using the
previous one required just pressing RET key. New version: I am not prompted,
and ALWAYS must change if I don't use the random resource that korganizer puts
in the top of the list.

Given all this malfunction, entering many events - eg a class schedule - is
almost impossible, or requires substantial patience and forgiveness, and lots
of paper tissues and someone to massage me afterwords.

--
Anders