[Kde-pim] Activating resources when added

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 14:19:59 BST 2012

On Thursday, 2012-03-29, Shaheed Haque wrote:
> /me nods.
>
> Honestly, I even wonder what the checkbox is for...is there a use case
> where a normal user would add an address book and then not want to use it?
> Of course for me as a developer, it is indeed handy to have ;-).

I think it is always good to at least have the option of not showing data from
a certain source, e.g. switching off personal contacts or calendars when you
are at work or vice versa.

> On 29 March 2012 00:01, Alex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 02:36:48 PM Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > > Hi Alex,

> > With active I mean "enabled" in the application not "online" or "ready"
> >
> > If you add any kind of resource eiter in KOrganizer or KAddressBook you
> > will
> > have to click in the checkbox to see the collection.

Ah, that makes it clear, butI don't know either why addressbooks or calendars
are not activated by default in their primary applications.
I agree they should, especially when being added through the respective
application.

Maybe it is just a matter of changing some default. i.e. default for boolean
usually being false and nobody has fixed that yet.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring