[Kde-pim] Building trunk kdepim & runtime, can't find NepomukCore

Del delonly at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:19:42 BST 2012

> The http option is standard HTTP over port 80.
> It should pass through most restrictive corporate/university firewalls
> without issue.
>
> Regards,
> Ben

Thanks, it worked :) Took some time to start downloading though, so I
probably had some time-out issues on previous attempt.

Seems the build-tool uses an insanely new ruby version with it's own
dependency spaghetti, so I went down Lindsay's route with
kdesrc-build.

There seems to be no sane way to make it use http instead of git. I
guess I could remove all the git repository lines in the
kde_projects.xml file, leaving only http as option, or hack the
git_clone_module subroutine.

BTW, the kdesrc-build script does not honour the http_proxy
environment variable, I had to hard-code the proxy settings in the
subroutine download_file. I am not that familiar with LWP, so not sure
why it ignores the environment variable, but I guess it wouldn't be
too hard to fix it after more digging.

At this point in time I am also running out of time, so I would like
to hear if anybody is interested in doing it as contract work. That
is, getting an easy recipe to get kdesrc-build working for rhel6.2
behind a firewall.

Cheers,
Del