[Kde-pim] Contact aggregation

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:39:30 GMT 2012

Hi,

I currently work on a contact library based on Nepomuk's PIMO:Person, which
will later be foundation of KDE Telepathy's contact list and possibly new
semantic KAddressBook. The more it's advancing, the more people are voicing
their concerns about it. Some people are calling after using libfolks as
the main KDE's contact aggregation solution, some wants to have completely
different things and some wants to proceed with Nepomuk's PIMO:Person,
which is imho really good, but has it's drawbacks and an uncertain future.

Therefore I'd like to ask the people who are the most capable to give
advices in this regard - what do you think it's the best contact
aggregation solution for KDE? What should we use in KDE Telepathy as an
aggregation service? What would suit the PIM as the best? What could be
used by other apps easily (eg. DigiKam and their face recognition, these
can also be "contacts" and you should be able to contact them easily right
from the app)?

Cheers!
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer