[Kde-pim] German KMail translation "Tag folders"

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jan 23 22:02:25 GMT 2012

On Sunday 22 January 2012, Christian Gebler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> currently we translate the KMail-GUI for the german KDE/KMail users,
> but have a little problem with a function listed on the
> Kmail-Startpage. The function is called "Tag folders" but we can not
> find this settings in KMail anywhere.
> Is it the same function as "Mark Message", which is explained in the
> following document:
> http://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips/en#Add_a_Tag_to_aid
> _searching ?
>
> Or is it possible to mark folders?

I'm pretty sure that "Tag folders" refers to special search folders (aka
virtual folders) which list all messages that have been tagged with a
certain tag. I suppose that those folders are created automatically for
all existing tags. This is pretty much exactly how "folders" work in
Google Mail.

Note, that this isn't an authorative answer so it's possible that I got
it wrong.

Regards,
Ingo