[Kde-pim] A sigh

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sun Jan 29 09:42:01 GMT 2012

Søndag den 29. januar 2012 10:57:02 Andras Mantia skrev:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > You write in your first mail that you have a maildir resource pointing to
> > ~/Mail
> > Did this directory contain a mail dir structure at this point or was it
> > otherwise empty?
>
> Just to explain more: first you need to know where your mails are/were in
> KMail1 times. This can be ~/Mail if you have a very old setup, or under
> $KDEHOME/share/apps/kmail . If you create a maildir account manually, you
> have to point to the right folder to see the mails.

Due to my traumatic experience with kdepim 4.6, I did a lot of preparation in
the hope to achieve my goal:

Running kmail2 with mail stored in ~/Mail (a visible place that anyone can see
and understand!)

* I archieved each level 1 folder using kmail (kmail1)
* I renamed ~/Mail to get it out of the way, serving both as extra backup and
to start over, since the directory was in a bad shape after my last attempt
with kmail2
* I made the akonadi maildir resource point to ~/Mail, which created a
structure
~/Mail/
	/cur
	/new
	/tmp
Akonadi accepted that.

Starting kmail2 went fine (apart from partially broken migration, but I have
added all configuration I want). My first action was to add my mail accounts and
check mails, and that worked flawless (no filters or anything at that point)

The conclusion is that akonadi was left to do what it wanted, given a path of
~/Mail, and it obviously wanted to store the mail outside that, in
~/.Mail.directory.

--
Anders