[Kde-pim] A sigh

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Jan 28 22:03:42 GMT 2012

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for answering

Lørdag den 28. januar 2012 22:39:39 Kevin Krammer skrev:
> On Saturday, 2012-01-28, Anders Lund wrote:
> > Lørdag den 28. januar 2012 22:05:14 Anders Lund skrev:
> > > With all the bad problems I have using KMail2, I thought I would look in
> > > ~/Mail where my maildir resource points to, and it is completely empty.
> > > So I  started looking for my mail, and it is in
> > > ~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data.
> > >
> > > WTF!!!!???
> >
> > In fact, not even all my mail is there, ls|wc-l that directory says just
> > 1319, but i have > 10000 mails.
>
> That location is the file based cache. Depending on cache timeouts and
> policies it will only contain a subset of the data accessible through
> Akonadi, i.e. like the cache directory of Squid only being part of the
> world wide http accessible content.
>
> You write in your first mail that you have a maildir resource pointing to
> ~/Mail
> Did this directory contain a mail dir structure at this point or was it
> otherwise empty?

It was created by akonadi when I assigned it I believe. Prior to starting
kmail2 it looked just like it does now:

[anders at katja ~]$ ls -a ~/Mail
./  ../  cur/  new/  tmp/

> Is it empty right now or does it contain subdirectories? (check also for
> "hidden" ones, i.e. starting with a dot).
>
> How does your folder structure below that resource's top level folder look
> like in KMail?

local folders
- outbox
- sent-mail
-  trash
- drafts
- templates
- inbox
- KDE
- - Digikam
- - ...
- OSM
etc

> Assuming standard maildir, did you check ~/.Mail.directory?

Didn't think of that, I thought it should be stored where configured. Kmail
stored it in ~/Mail, which I renamed to start from scratsc. But there it is.
Should I file a bug report about it not being stored where configured?