[Kde-pim] KDE 4.8, Virtuoso at 130% CPU for hours now - how can I help find the issue?

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Jan 28 18:32:02 GMT 2012

Lørdag den 28. januar 2012 18:59:45 Marc Deop skrev:
> There seems to be no query busy. Strange.

I had the same kind of experience doday, during importing my messages to
kmail2. I restarted both nepomuk and akonadi once in a while, which would make
things move on a bit, and finally it even appeared i was done.

The only way to restart nepomuk is to disable it in systemsettings, wait a
while (look at the process table to be sure nothing related is running any
longer, there is no visual clue), then enable it again.

After restarting nepomuk, searching from krunner (using the nepomuk plugin)
was broken, it would return items like
"nepomuk:/res/133iefsadkdfdalfsdga2454ygflafdasf" or "akonadi:?item=83683" or
thereabout, restarting kde fixed that. (I'm still not feeling sure that nepomuk
actually stops when logging out, so i rebooted, but sometimes I just kill
everything related + any leftover kded4 process from a terminal login before
logging into kde again.)

--
Anders