[Kde-pim] From a users point of view ....

Denny lumnis at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 29 16:44:12 GMT 2012

Am Dienstag, 28. Februar 2012, 22:17:32 schrieb Andreas Gungl:
> Am Dienstag, 28. Februar 2012 schrieb Anders Lund:
> > Tirsdag den 28. februar 2012 21:15:52 Andreas Gungl skrev:
> > > Nevertheless, the 4.8 release is IMO nearly on the same level as 4.4
> > > once
> > > the  indexing problems have been solved. And I know what I'm talking
> > > about as I'm running 4.8 (on 12.1) in the office while I still use 11.4
> > > at home.
>
> Quite a challenge, so here we go (with KDE 4.8 on Opensuse 12.1):
Same here, so lets see

> > * address completion in composer is missing
>
> - works for me with LDAP and for recently used addresses
Correct, works for recently used addresses **only**, nothing from addressbook
is being displayed
I havent got LDAP.

> > * filtering is broken, and filter import is broken
>
> - (manual and IMAP) filters work, they now even mark mails as read which has
> never worked before
Yes, manual filters work here as well. So you have to go through accounts and
manually "Apply filters" - not convincing.

her are a few more:
- several crashes per day when viewing new messages (reported issue)
- multiplication of new incoming mails mails (only happens on one account, I
usually don't use)
- Lost folder settings for almost all filters / folder settings in identities
(that, i think happend with the switch from 4.7.4 to 4.8)

> I agree with you about KMail still having problems. But it works for me in
> the daily usage. Of course, it's a special setup with only IMAP accounts,
> no POP involved.
same here.
> However I have some 100.000 messages in the accounts, so
> nobody should say, it works because of a small load only.
>
> OTOH I do not recommend to switch a working previous version to KDE 4.8. The
> outcome might not be as stable as expected. By intention I stay with the
> older version at home. (The migration in the office was unintended and gave
> me such a lot of problems, I don't need a repetition of that.)
Yep, correct. Still ongoing.

> Best regards,
> Andreas

regards,