[Kde-pim] From a users point of view ....

Mike McGinn mikemcginn at mcginnweb.net
Wed Feb 22 12:18:53 GMT 2012

On Wednesday, February 22, 2012 05:43:42 Marc Deop wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 February 2012 18:21:22 Denny wrote:
> > I could spent the whole day fixing new appearing Errors and Crashes of
> > kde - pim.
> > Is this just broken by design or why isn't there a working email client
> > for at least 4 years?
> > I thought with KDE 4.7.x we were over it and at least basic things kinda
> > worked stable again.
> > With KDE 4.8 now - nothing is working anymore, just to name a few things
> > annoying one one on a daily basis:
> > - Filters: broken
> > - Crashes : several per day
> > - email Addresses not recognised as you type
> > - password management : broken
> > - several empty windows popping up from ktimetracke at login ....
> >
> > Am I supposed to create a new profile each and every time I upgrade to a
> > new version and scrap all my data?
> >
> > Obviously, even Kontact PIM fans gave up by now. What I don't understand
> > is why other kde developers step up helping fixing most annoying bugs,
> > as this situation damages the whole kde experience.
> >
> > Denny
>
> With this attitude you aren't helping, at all.
>
> Even though I aknowledge there are problems with the PIM suite, last think
> I would do is rant in here. Instead, offer your help debugging and
> triagging. *That* might help.
>
> And to the developers: *THANKS* for all your effort and work on KDE. I'm
> sure it will become bugfree eventually :)
>
> Marc

How about giving us a tool to move all our mail and filters to Thunderbird.
Maybe *that* will work. The instability of this pin has gone on far too long.
People actually have to do *real* work with this stuff, this is not a hobby for
me, I need my mail, contacts and calendar. I need it to work. I do not need
stuff to disappear on me. You guys have got to be kidding.

Mike McGinn		FACOCM
Ex Uno Plurima
No electrons were harmed in sending this message.
** Registered Linux User 377849